4.12.06

Beginnings

Who am I?

A Desk Clerk
An Artist
A Writer
A Musician
A Poet
A Thinker
A Philosopher
A Reverend
A Skeptic
A Believer
An Idea Person
A Dreamer
A Lover
A Friend
A Man
A Human
A Kind Person
A Genius
A Fool
A Coward Who Dreams Of Heroes
A Pervert
A Monster
A Liar…
An Illusion
A Long List of Labels and still searching for the truth.




There is a world I live in and I’m sure you live in it too. A world we’ve all constructed out of pretense and lies. Built on a foundation of false hopes and advertising pitches, marketing slogans, and magazine fabrications.
Here in this world I have built for myself a golem. A man molded out of the clay of my imagination. Sculpted out of my ideals and misconceptions. Hollow inside it is the perfect shell. I can step inside and it protects me from the world, a shell of clay protecting me from harm and preventing me from really getting to know anyone and from anyone really getting to know me.

Therein lies the problem… I’ve worn the shell for so long I’m not sure what is inside anymore. Now, I stand before the river and I am wading in. I am letting the water wash away the lies of clay in hopes that some truth still remains and there is some of me still inside.

No comments: